If there exists something called Miracle Plant, it certainly has to be Aloe Vera. The thick, clear substance hidden within its long leaves provides natural relief for a variety of issues related to skin or hair.
I've been sent the All Purpose Aloevera Gel by Aroma Essentials.
It is a perfect blend of Aloe vera Extract and Hibiscus Extract while Grapefruit n Lavender essential oils are added to it for the aromatic feel afterwards. It is a clear gel without any artificial colors into it and is not sticky in application.
Since, it is a multipurpose gel, I didn't limit myself to use it topically onto my skin, but tried it differently every time (except consuming it). So I'm sharing some simple to follow ways to use the Aloe Vera Gel (can be from any brand)-
- For Skin Healing: This gel, without adding any extra ingredients into it, is readily usable for applying directly on skin as a mask to soothe the sunburn inflamed skin to reduce redness and pain quickly. No need to wash the skin. The gel can be applied on minor cuts and burns for instant relief.
- As Skin Exfoliation: To avail the peaceful winter skin, make a paste by mixing required quantity of Oatmeal and Honey into Aloe Vera gel. Massage it on the skin for a minute or two and wash it off after 10 minutes. This mild exfoliation paste works excellent for deeply leaning and moisturizing all skin types whether oily, dry or sensitive without any side effects.
- To Combat Skin Ageing: Applying aloe vera gel on your face regularly help to reduce appearance of wrinkles and improves skin elasticity due to vitamin C and E present in the gel. The soft, supple and hydrated skin starts looking firm and healthy.
- As Hair Conditioner/Serum: Dilute aloe vera gel with plain water in a small bowl and pour the liquid in a spray bottle. Shake it well and spray it on your unmanageable hair to to close the hair cuticles and thereby control hair frizz. When you run a comb through your hair, it detangles easily.It can be used on your hair anytime , not necessarily after a head bath.
- For Better Hair Growth: Apply the all-purpose aloe gel on scalp directly and cover your hair and scalp with a shower cap. The hibiscus extract stimulates hair growth by allowing blood circulation to the scalp and the amino acids or protein present in Aloe vera extract accelerates usual rate of hair growth. One can prevent scalp itchiness and dryness by applying this gel on scalp.
- In Hair Colour: Many people who prefer to use their favourite hair colour purchased from drug stores can mix this aloe vera gel into their hair color to soothe their hair and prevent it from chemical damage.
I know there are innumerable benefits of Aloe Vera plant for us, but I've shared the ones that I tried. Hope you may find the tips useful.