Here is a spicy, tasty, tangy recipe for you that you should ask your mommies to make for you this holiday season. My son loved Honey Chilli Potatoes whenever we ask him for ordering a snack of his choice while eating out. And I feel this easy style recipe can make kids happier when prepared at home.... Infact, this recipe is my personal favourite too ;)
So lets follow the steps on how I cook it..
4 Potatoes (peeled and cut lengthwise)
2 Onions (peeled and cut lengthwise)
1 each Red and Green Bell Pepper (cut lengthwise and remove seeds)
4-5 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 tsp red chilli powder (or chilli flakes)
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp vinegar
Cooking oil to frying
Salt to taste
1. Soak the potato in hot water mixed with salt. Drain the potatoes after 5 mins and give it a quick rinse under running water so that excess starch is removed.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and deep-fry the potato fingers on high flame till they become crisp and golden brown evenly from all sides. Keep aside the fried potatoes.
3. Heat little oil in the pan and sauté chopped garlic on medium flame till it turns light brown.
4. Add chopped onion and bell pepper in the pan one by one and sauté till you experience the colour and aroma coming out of it.
5. Now, add chilli powder (or chilli flakes), salt and vinegar in the cooked vegetables and mix well.
6. While the vegetables are ready in the pan; add honey, tomato sauce and soya sauce in it. Turn the flame off and stir well.