One of the section on my blog has been feeling so sorry that I hardly updated it since many months...and that is DIY section. Though I really like to reuse different kind of material lying unused at home, but was unable to spare time to do it. Even for today's DIY idea shared by me in this post, its my sister who did most of the effort. So giving her full credit for this creation, I describe the stepwise procedure to turn old newspapers into this pretty wall hanging.
Old Newspapers/Magazines, A pair of scissors, Glue, Acrylic Colors (shades of your choice), Painting Brush of any size, Pencil, Water.
- Take old newspapers/magazine pages and cut them into stripes of size around 15" wide using scissors.
- Place the pencil in one of the corners of each newspaper stripe and start rolling it. Apply glue to secure the last corner when you reach the end of every stripe roll. (Using a pencil will ease you rolling the stripes of similar diameter.)
- Now again using a pencil, start making a circular pattern of the paper rolls. You may attach two or more paper rolls to make a large circle, if needed. Apply glue to turn every circle off at its end.
- Prepare the circular patterns of different sizes because these will be joined together to form larger patterns in the end.
- Take every circular pattern and gently press it from its innermost layer so that it shows some bulges on other side.
- Dilute the glue with some water and apply it with brush onto the bulged side of every circular pattern so that it retains its shape and doesn't get disfigured later.
- Now create the desired wall hanging pattern by joining the smaller circles onto the sides of bigger ones and stick them together using glue.
- Finally, paint the wall hanging in the shades that matches your interiors or decorate it with mirrors, glitters etc.