Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Bengali Inspired Saree Drape - Week 1

Hi Girls!

I have taken #Dare2Drape challenge by TriveniSarees.com. The challenge is based on 7 X 7 means 7 weeks, 7 saree drapes theme.  So every contestant is supposed to do 7 different saree drapes in 7 weeks. The contestant can try out the different drapes on a single saree or can choose different saree every time.

For #Week1 challenge, I have taken the Bengali Inspired Drape with slight variation from authentic style.
Visit the link for my profile The Bengali Inspired Saree Drape

The bengali drape is one of the most elegant drape. So taking inspiration from this style, I began with neatly tucking the saree on my right side without showing any tight stretches and taking a full round around the waist. Unlike pleatless style of original Bengali drape, I made few pleats to compensate my slim waistline to look fuller. Now, use the shorter hem of the pallu to make the pallu pleats and flip the pallu over the left shoulder. To give it an authentic touch, pick a corner of your pallu from under your right arm and place it on the right shoulder.

Do share your views on how did you like the drape?

9 comments:

  1. oooooooh ♥♡
    many hearts were broken this day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know the bengali drape style although I am a Bengali. Is it that if you are using a saree for this style the saree should not have the fall attached? My MIL said that the flow of a saree is better if it does not have a fall in case one is wearing the saree in bengali style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This drape style is not the authentic Bengali drape as I mentioned in the post. Its just that I love Bengali style of draping a saree, I tried to style a li'l that way ;) I'm not even sure of fall attachment thing, but can surely visualize the impact of what ur MIL said. Infact. next time I will try a saree without fall. Thanks for her tips (h)

      Delete
  3. I am in love with this draping style!!<3<3<3 We too have a saree draping event at Kolkata that to be hosted by Triveni this weekend, hope to learn some draping styles from them..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dona. It would be a great opportunity to be a part of such event. Do share the drapes after u attend the same.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. Your opinion matters to me.