Blogging to me is a means to have my say on different issues. I became a part of blogging world around 2 years ago, 22 months to be exact. I had been noticing and reading about this Liebster Award, but never had any intentions of getting nominated for the same. Or may be, I had a misconception that it is meant for established celebrity bloggers. I didn't pay much heed to it.
This time, I got my first nomination from Ghazala Naseem, worthy newbie owning Indian Beauty Bloom blog. A heartfelt thanks for dear Ghazala for consideration and I choose to accept it happily :) On her nomination only, I needed to explore the details of the award ;)
Ghazala has asked me to answer her random questions about myself and here I go about it..
The title of my blog was suggested by my husband. I wanted something different than stereotype and I found it quite meaningful as per my philosophy of life. So I immediately finalized the same.
2. Why did you start blogging?
Starting a blog had been a secret wish since long, but frankly I didn't have the courage to take the initiative. Moreover, I didn't find myself suited for the genre. But one fine day, during my winter break from work, I just expressed my thoughts to my husband and it simply kick-started. There were no reasons behind my wish, just felt inspired from what others used to write.
3. What are your three must have beauty products ?
Nice, bold lipcolors are my favs. Other than that a good quality emollient is a must have beauty product and then come Nailpaints.
4. Which is your favourite cosmetic brand and why?
Frankly can't choose one. There are few brands whose cosmetics I love more than others like Avon, Maybelline, Soultree, Colorbar etc.
5. Which is your favourite Holiday destination?
Dalhousie, that is the paradise on Earth. You won't find a moment when you don't want to capture its beauty.
6. Home made food or Restaurant food ? and why ?
A mix of both. I love Restaurant food/snacks atleast once a week preferably on weekends. Because other than those leisurely days, homemade food is the only choice.
7. What is your Stress-Buster?
Some good music and a conversation with mom/sis.
8. How has blogging helped you to grow as a person ?
Blogging has given boost to my self-esteem. I feel myself worth of something (may be its not upto others' expectation till date), but there is a positivism in me. My communication skills are greatly polished as well.
9. Favourite Website ? and Why?
That again can't be a single one. Still I would mention Glarms.com that gives excellent tuts on varied themes which are damn easy to follow :)
10. Favourite Online store ?
10. Favourite Online store ?
Amazon.com for its wide variety.
11. What did you like most about my (Ghazala's) blog( If anything) ?
I like your enthusiasm of writing on everything you feel.
- Thank the person who nominated you and comment on their blog.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserve the award and notify them.
- Answer the 11 questions you’re given and give 10 more for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
- Make a copy of rules in your post.
The Liebster award requires a blogger to nominate 11 more bloggers to continue the chain. And I chosen these :
- Fatima Nayani from Health, Beauty and Food
- Khushboo Motihar from Munni of All Trades
- Sapna Amit Aggarwal from I'm a Consultant
- Nivedita B from Beauty At Times is Skin Deep
- Maitreni Mishra from The Style Symphony
- Sonali from Golden Rim
- Dipti from Rainbow Columns
- Anjli Sengar from Zig Zac Mania
- Harleen from Fab n Pretty
- Prerna Ranjan from Giveaway Dose
- Roma Gupta Sinha from Straight from The Heart
My questions to these bloggers are:
- Who has been your motivation in the blogging world?
- What do you wish you were better at?
- Any cute childhood memory.
- What's your fav pastime?
- On which social platform can we find you most active?
- Define yourself as a person in one sentence.
- What is your unfulfilled dream till date?
- What is the most important thing you learnt from blogging?
- Which kind of attire you prefer in daily routine?
- Did you ever have any unpleasant experience related to blogging? If yes, brief about it.
- Please give a suggestion/compliment/feedback about my blog Alive n Kicking :)
I am excited to read what the nominated bloggers have to say about my questions ;)