Thursday 31 July 2014

Skyscanner gave me wings ...

My summer vacations just got over ... I have no such wonderful memories of the month-long vacations as I spent the entire month at home with my junior just surfing internet, doing some craft work  and spending enough time socializing on FB, Twitter or IG :/
Hubby dear, the dedicated dynamo, had been busy enough to even talk about holidaying or  waste any second lollygagging around.
And me, the understanding better-half, didn't like the idea of enjoying without my soulmate and cheating my ideal plan of FAMILY GETAWAY... So finally I resumed working again one fine day,  realizing a deep sadness making a place in my heart for ruining my precious time :(

It was just yesterday that I got to receive a mail from hubby with a link in the subject line itself saying -"hope it can help you find your lost smile http://www.skyscanner.co.in/"
Clueless to what he actually wanted to show me, I clicked on the link expecting yet another ONLINE SHOPPING SITE to open up from where he wants me to buy some nice stuff ;)
But actually what appeared on my screen was this
I promptly dialed him asking straight forward "Iska kya karu main" and the loving voice from another side replied "Kuch haseen pal phir se aapke saath jeena chahta hoon. Apni pasand ki jagah chun lo, bas budget ka zaraa dhayan rakhna. Ek lakh tak hi manage kar paya hoon main " ;)
I knew good fortune has smiled on me and my dream vacations is on cards now.
OMG, the magic wand of http://www.skyscanner.co.in quickly listed the whole set of available airlines and travel agents in fractions of seconds, the moment I typed in my preferred departure and arrival airports i.e. from Delhi to Malaysia along with the flight prices sorted in ascending order showing the most economical prices on the top.
The selection of an economical airlines coud never be easier than this ever and that too with a LIVE AIRLINES COMPARISONS, PREFERRED DATES, DIRECT OR STOPPAGE PREFERENCES and NO EXTRA CHARGES FOR BOOKING :)
I started flying with the wings of imagination letting me soar higher n higher ... Suddenly I realized what about our accomodation now !!
A li'l thumbnail at the bottom of the Flight Booking window caught my attention asking for "Need a hotel in Kuala Lumpur?"
Oh Yess!! again Skyscanner came to my rescue  when i clicked on "Search Hotels" ... The massive list of hotels with elaborated features of each accomodation got displayed with their respective price tags. I was rolling my eyes to look for some place hiring which doesn't dig a hole in hubby's pockets ;) So I chose to sort the hotels on PRICE and booked a TRIPLE ROOM at very affordable price of INR 4779 with amenities like free parking, complimentary Wi-Fi access, hot shower and safety deposit box etc. What else could one ask for !!

The last requirement on my wish list was to opt for right type of private transport for which I used the CAR HIRE facility on the site itself. I booked a campact, small family car for INR 2931 per day basis which can be called as per my site-seeing schedule.
Now relieved to fly off to a Classy, Luxurious, Magnificent journey to Malaysia; I packed my essentials and made a list of attractions we were going to witness at the location. 
Batu Caves

Bird Park
  The opulent design of the Kuala Lumpur Tower tells the story of its glory and reminds you of its accomplishments every time you look at it.
Kuala Lumpur Tower

Once you enter the Crystal Mosque, a grand spectacle of opulence awaits you. Seems like it is designed to give you that feeling of magnificant adrenaline rush
Crystal Mosque




Now I could read my hubby's expressions saying "Thank you for not burning holes in my pockets and giving each of us an experience of lifetime"  <3 coz we had successfully managed to enjoy the trip in less than planned budget of INR 1 lakh.
Flight : Rs. 57632/-
Hotel: Rs. 14337/-
Transport: Rs. 6000/- 
We had some surplus cash in hand, so  a nod from hubby for shopping was not that tough job ;) We explored the local markets and grabbed some awesome deals ...

  After a glorious experience with skyscanner, we were ready to step in the same chaotic world; but definitely with a richer feeling of positive vibes of that classy lifestyle and impeccable taste for every moment spent at Malaysia.


This post is a part of Skyscanner travel wizard activity at BlogAdda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your opinion matters to me.